How could you not want to protect baby skin from the harsh elements or keep them away from chemicals?
California Baby offers lots of products that are completely natural and safe for new or old skin. If you have super sensitive skin, these products which range from massage oils to bug spray to detangler, are for you.
Developed by Jessica Iclisoy, the products are organic and cruelty-free. Jessica practices what she preaches and lives a very eco-friendly lifestyle. You can read all about her here. After learning more about Jessica, I want to be her BFF!
I tested 3 items from the California Baby line.
I use the California Baby – Calming Hair Detangler Spray on my daughter’s bird nest of tangled, wet hair. The little girl on the label looks like my daughter and she even asked me how her picture got on there. It smells lovely and works well, with no irritants or harsh ingredients within miles of this hair product or any other California Baby item. Adults can use the detangler too and it’s safe for color-treated hair (yay!).
- Calming Hair Detangler Spray – A plant based formula with quinoa extract our kid’s detangling spray helps improve softness, manageability, and natural shine while fighting split ends and dryness.
- Light, French Lavender Scent – Our vegan friendly baby detangling spray leaves hair softer and my radiant while also giving it a fresh, relaxing scent that helps keep kids calm and relaxed after bath time.
- No Tear Wet and Dry Use – Spray our kid’s detangling spray on wet hair after a warm evening bath or on dry hair when you’re getting them ready for the day and keep them looking their best.
Next, I tested the California Baby SPF 30 Sunscreen for Super Sensitive Skin when I went for my early morning walk. I rubbed this all over my hands, neck, and face. I get nervous about applying things to my face because I don’t want my pores to clog, resulting in unsightly pimples. I used a generous amount which didn’t cause my eyes to tear or my skin to erupt.
It applied nicely leaving no residue and washed off easily when I came home. It was not greasy or heavy which is important to me. I can use it on my children and even on my tiny little infant niece, it’s very safe for all skin.
The third California Baby product I tested was the California Baby Calendula Moisturizing Cream. It’s a pot of lotion for dry skin, can be used on cuts and scrapes, cradle cap if your baby suffers from that, eczema, and can be used on the face. It’s a general, all-purpose kind of product that is safe and gentle for all skin sensitivities. My kids get tiny bumps on their skin in the winter so this is a must-use product for them although I’ve been hogging it myself and using it on my hands.
- Moisturize Dry, Sensitive Skin – Great for babies, teens, and adults with allergy sensitivities, our calendula cream is gentle and vegan friendly.
- Award-Winning Skincare Cream – Formulated with essential oils, our calendula lotion features a beautiful, light scent of French lavender and clary sage.
- Allergy Tested Formula – A pure baby moisturizing cream, it’s soy, gluten, oat, dairy, and nut free (except coconut) to ensure it’s gentle on face, body, and sensitive bottoms.
I always have to have lotion nearby for my hands but I’m willing to share.
I never gave a whole lot of thought to products being organic, natural, or healthy. I’ve always teetered on the healthy end of the spectrum but wasn’t hardcore or militant about it. I recently learned about animal by-products that go into cosmetics and lotions and am looking into products that are completely safe to use for my kids and myself. I loved and wholeheartedly stand behind California Baby products! I read through the site, tested the products, and would love to use more of them like the Bug Repellent and the Essential Oils.
I admire Jessica for launching the line and being so involved in every aspect of creating these safe products. Please visit the site here.
Last update on 2022-07-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API