Trying to smooth my frizzy hair has been an ongoing saga I’ve dealt with my whole life. Part of me wants to just embrace my frizzy hair, but my frizz is pretty bad. My curly frizz is super fluffy, and I look like I’m wearing a giant mushroom on my head if I don’t find the best (and, if I’m lucky enough to find, natural hair care products) to smooth my frizzy hair.
I’ve also looked in the mirror and thought my hair looks like the end of a janitor’s mop, a witches broom, carpet fibers, and an overgrown weed. I’ve talked to so many people about frizz, both friends and readers, who struggle with smoothing the frizz.
Those with thick hair (and money to spend) rave about the Brazilian blowout and keratin treatments.
You have to go to the salon every few months to keep redoing the treatment. It’s like Botox, looks great but requires hundreds of dollars and multiple visits for upkeep.
Plus if you have thinnish hair or fine-textured hair, treatment may end up giving you smooth but lifeless hair.
I prefer to find products that I can use at home and don’t require strong chemicals.
Here’s what I have used that has worked for me.
+ IN THIS ARTICLE
Best Heavy Conditioner For Frizzy Hair
- ANTI-BREAKAGE HAIR MASK: This repair hair mask can nourish, protect, repair, and restore all layers of the hair shaft. Add this to your healthy hair regimen and watch as your hair transforms into a stronger, shinier, and healthier state.
- PROTECTS, REPAIRS, AND RESTORES: This mask intensely penetrates well into all layers of the hair shaft and restores damaged cuticles. It helps to replenish hair and fight against split ends.
- REDUCES FRIZZ: The Ancient Egyptian Mask leaves hair feeling soft, manageable, and more elastic, all while reducing frizz. It restores the hair’s condition and delivers shine.
- MOISTURIZES: Certified Organic Shea Butter Hydrates The Scalp And Hair To Restores Its Natural Balance
- RESTORES: Sea Kelp Repairs Dry And Damaged Hair While Helping Chemically Treated Hair Transition To Natural
- NOURISHES: Argan Oil Is Filled WithVitamin E And Gives Hair Luster And Shine
- SheaMoisture’s Yucca & Plantain Anti-Breakage strengthening masque is blended with Fair Trade Organic Shea butter to condition and smooth frazzled strands; use as a deep hair conditioner.
- This SheaMoisture hair mask also combines Shea Butter with Coconut Oil to transform frizzy hair; it’s also the best hair mask, deep hair conditioner or overnight hair mask.
- Discover this hair mask that helps bind split ends and improves the overall appearance of hair; use this deep conditioner for damaged hair or as a deep conditioning hair treatment.
All of the above are great options for a deep condition for frizzy hair. All of these products work well but not a huge difference in the frizz.
Best Spray Leave-In Conditioner for Frizzy Hair
- OUAI Leave-In Conditioner. A powerful, multi-tasking mist for every occasion. It protects hair from heat/UV damage, smooths split ends and frizz, detangles and conditions every strand. A few sprays will leave your hair with gorgeous shine. Protects hair from heat damage up to 450°F/232°C.
- Your hair’s Holy Grail. Amino acid blend, tamarind seed extract and vitamin E protect and smooth hair like you’ve never seen before. Mist lightly through damp hair before styling to protect and get your desired look.
- OUAI (or “way”) means yes in that casual, Parisian way. We believe in effortless routines and good for you ingredients. Haircare customized to your hair type to nourish, strengthen and condition. Giving you the confidence to win life your OUAI.
- ULTRA-LIGHTWEIGHT HYDRATION FOR DRY, DAMAGED AND BRITTLE HAIR: Briogeo’s Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray is an ultra-lightweight leave-in conditioner that effectively restores hair’s softness, resilience, manageability, and moisture levels while acting as a barrier against heat. Perfect for use on wet or dry hair, this non-greasy formula seals the hair cuticle to lock in moisture, restore luster, and diminish frizz without leaving behind product buildup.
- INFUSED WITH A SIGNATURE BLEND OF ULTRA-NOURISHING OILS: This unique leave-in hair conditioner contains rosehip oil which provides essential fatty acids to balance hair hydration and control frizz. Argan oil offers extensive conditioning that helps combat dryness and diminishes frizz. Coconut oil penetrates the hair shaft to seal in moisture, protecting against breakage and excess heat while vitamin E softens the hair and provides essential healthy-hair nutrients.
- ADDITIVE AND CRUELTY-FREE: Briogeo is proud to say that our Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray is 96% naturally derived. Specially formulated, this leave-in hair conditioner for dry, damaged and brittle hair does not include sulfates, silicones, phthalates, parabens, DEA, or artificial dyes. It’s certified gluten-free and cruelty-free so you can feel good about looking good!
- All Skin types Skin Friendly Ingredients 100% genuine item
Best Hair Oil For Frizzy Hair
- Straight from the hair goddess herself comes Gisou: a hair oil infused with honey from Negin Mirsalehi’s family bee garden that’s formulated to rebuild and repair.
- This key ingredient maintains the hair’s natural moisture, resulting in stronger, healthier tresses.
- Key Ingredients: Mirsalehi Honey, Almond Oil, Coconut Oil. Contains fortifying vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Versatile beautifying oil with the oleo-complex. All hair types. We are very serious against False claims. Any attempts with intend to manipulate our system will result in appropriate repercussions.
- Country of origin is Italy
- The package dimension of the product is 12″L x 9″W x 4″H
Hair oils are all great for THICK hair. When you have fine, thin hair, a tiny bit of oil goes a long way!
I like to use Darshana Natural Indian Hair Oil with Ayurvedic Botanicals as an overnight treatment and saturate my hair with this, allowing it to penetrate the frizz while I sleep.
- No Mineral Oil, Parabens, Sulfates, Silicones, Artificial Color, Artificial Fragrance, Animal Testing
- 5 Natural Oils in 1: Organic Sunflower Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Castor Oil
- Revitalizes Dry, Damaged, Frizzy Hair and Moisturizes Scalp
Best Shampoo & Conditioners For Frizzy Hair
The Virtue Smooth Shampoo & Conditioner Set work well together to soften damaged hair and eliminate excess frizz thanks to a *keratin ingredient that de-frizzes hair as if by magic.
Here’s what you need to know:
*Alpha Keratin 60ku™ is a whole, human keratin. Born from regenerative medicine, it is identical to the keratin in your hair, skin, and nails so it heals and repairs, unlike anything you’ve experienced before.
- Free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates, synthetic colors and dyes. Gluten free. Cruelty free.
If you want to go for a clean, natural hair care product for your frizz, I highly recommend the clean and amazingly effective hair care products made by Briogeo.
- WHO IT’S FOR: For those with frizzy, dry, damaged hair looking to tame frizz and restore silky sheen. Hair types: straight, wavy, curly and coily.
- WHAT IT IS: An anti frizz, sulfate-free shampoo infused with our signature blend of rosehip, argan, and coconut oils to smooth hair and add shine. Scientifically proven frizz protection for up to 48 hours.
- WHAT IT DOES: This color safe, smoothing hair shampoo cleanses hair of excess oil and impurities while locking in hydration and locking out humidity that causes frizz.
- It is enriched with a blend of Argan, rosehip and coconut oils.
- Reduces frizz and prevents breakage
- Protects against UV damage
Best Styling Tools for Frizzy Hair
Sometimes, it’s all about having the right tools for the job. I’ve tried the styling tools listed below and both have helped me handle my curls and frizzy hair.
- Dyson Airwrap Volume + Shape styler is engineered to add volume and shape to fine flat hair Featuring Coanda air styling and propelled by the Dyson digital motor users can curl wave smooth and dry with no extreme heat
- The most awarded hair styling tool in 2019 including the Allure Best of Beauty Breakthrough award
- Attracts and wraps hair using only air – The Coanda effect attracts hair to the barrel then wraps it for you using only air
- 1875 watts
- Direct Ionic Technology
- Pro-Moisture System
You have to really take the time to carefully blow dry your hair with the Hot Tools Concentrator pointed down towards the floor.
I have tried hot rollers, curling wands, curling irons, velcro rollers, a brush/blow dryer combo but the bottom line is if your hair is frizzy to start with, not a whole lot is going to change the texture.
Last update on 2022-07-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API