Have you been experiencing any of the above symptoms for a long period of time?
I have suffered for the past couple of years, yes- YEARS, because no one could diagnose what was wrong with me.
Not only have I been pegged with extreme fatigue, night sweats, a fuzzy brain, very cold hands, but have major anxiety, am irritable all the time, and have memory issues, and more.
I know, what fun!
A few years ago when I began having some of these symptoms, I did my research and went to my doctor who thought my problems were due to hormones. “Are you sure it’s not candida?” I asked and the doctor said no.
Months later, I wasn’t any better and went to my natural doctor who cures everything with diet and supplements, but he seemed baffled by my strange symptoms and thought it was liver-related. Newsflash! It wasn’t.
As time went on, things progressively got worse until here we are.
“Candida is a fungus that is found in small amounts in healthy intestines. It is also a form of yeast. Certain medications, including antibiotics, and foods can cause this yeast to grow too abundantly. This can cause painful cramping, thrush, yeast infections, and a long list of other symptoms.”
Here are the different stages of Candida overgrowth:
+ IN THIS ARTICLE
Candida – Stage One
Affects the mucous membranes of the body, including the mouth, nose, vagina, and respiratory system. Symptoms include:
- Infant colic, childhood, and adult unexplained anger/rages
- Vaginal yeast infections
- Severe PMS
- Urinary tract infections
- Body rashes
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep
- Oral thrush
- Allergies to foods, chemicals, dust, fungus, yeast, and/or molds
- Recurrent bouts of bronchitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, strep, or staph infections
- Gas (infant or adult)
- Bad breath and body odor
- Bladder weakness
- Sunspots or liver spots
- Cravings for sugar and/or alcohol
Candida – Stage Two
Involves more generalized and chronic reactions. Symptoms of stage two include those of stage one, as well as:
- Unexplained weight gain or inability to keep weight on
- Ear infections or tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Chronic muscle and joint pain and arthritis
- Headaches (including migraine)
- Infant or adult reflux
- Bladder infection/UTI’s
Candida – Stage Three
At this stage, an individual’s behavior and mental health will be affected. All symptoms that belonged to stages one and two are also present during stage three, as well as:
- Inability to concentrate
- Serious forgetfulness
- Memory loss
- Mental confusion
- Not being able to think of words
- Switching around words and letters when trying to speak and/or write
- Loss of previous skills (such as how to type or play the piano)
- Irrational thoughts, unusual fears, phobias, and panic/anxiety attacks
- Muscle twitching
- Violence, depression, and aggression
- Epileptic seizures
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Thyroid disorders
Candida – Stage Four
Also known as “systemic yeast,” this stage can result in the shut-down of some organs and systems, including these symptoms:
- Adrenal gland failure
- Endocrine system failure
- Severe constipation
- Total muscle weakness
Candida – Stage Five
I believe that I am at Stage Four, maybe Three and a half. I’ve been wondering why I cannot function for an entire day without resting and I’m finding it hard to do the most basic of tasks.
To eliminate Candida, you have to avoid sugars, carbohydrates/yeast for six weeks, and take a variety of medications/supplements/vitamins to eliminate candida completely which is a long process.
I always like to use natural supplements and vitamins but my particular case is bad enough to be put on some strong medication. In addition, I will be using:
- Coconut oil- Contain an ingredient called caprylic acid and is very effective.
- Grapefruit seed extract- Is available in liquid form. Must be diluted due to its bitter taste.
- Olive leaf extract- inhibits further growth of candida.
- Garlic- Is nature’s antibiotic but is also nature’s anti-fungal. Garlic will not kill the friendly bacteria as prescription antibiotics do.
- Apple cider vinegar- contains a natural anti-fungal ingredient called malic acid.
- Carrot juice- Has great antifungal properties.