I don’t know about you, but I have rather sensitive eyes. I keep eye drops handy at all times in case my eyes start to get red or itch. Most eye makeup removers absolutely kill me. If it’s not specifically formulated for sensitive eyes, I won’t even try it.
I like to gently press my lashes onto a warm cloth and remove eye makeup that way, then use a little coconut oil to remove what’s left. Since I started officially selling Ava Anderson, I did get to try their eye makeup remover pads which I use all the time. I keep a tissue handy to blot any excess liquid but they work really well and don’t make my eyes burn.
Recently, I received an email from a reader asking about eye makeup for sensitive eyes. I went over to my eye makeup drawer and pulled out what I use.
Here are the clean makeup products I’ve found to be the best eye makeup for sensitive eyes.
1. W3LL PEOPLE – Natural Hypnotist Eyeliner – I use this all the time.
2. RMS Beauty Un Cover-Up Concealer is perfect for hiding dark circles and discoloration.
So gentle on the skin, especially the eye area.
3. Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara – gentle and it works. Plus you can buy it at the drugstore or Target!
4. Ava Anderson Mascara – darkens lashes without clumping or flaking.
5. Alima Pure Eyeshadow– I just received some of this and already love it. Spirit Beauty Lounge and the Alima Pure site have lots of colors- I want to try the eye shadow next.
6. Lavera Mascara– another great one that doesn’t make my eyes itch or water. Find it at iherb.com
7. Physicians Formula Eyeliner – I bought this on a whim, it’s not natural or organic but it doesn’t bother my eyes. I think it’s suitable for those with sensitive eyes.