+ IN THIS ARTICLE
1. Use sunscreen daily
The #1 skin care tip I live by is to make sunscreen apart of your everyday natural skin care routine.
I highly recommend Biossance Squalane + Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen. I absolutely love the Biossance line of clean beauty and natural skincare and this sunscreen, in particular, is a product I use almost every day. I like to make sure my hands, neck, and chest have sun protection because these areas show age quickly, especially once you get into your mid-thirties.
Usually, I wear foundation with sunscreen in it but if I don’t, a thin layer of this works well.
- Biossance Squalane+Zinc Sheer Mineral Sunscreen. A super sheer, super safe 100% non-nano, nontoxic SPF 30 zinc mineral sunscreen that provides invisible, broad-spectrum coverage and high UVA protection.
- Protects and Hydrates Sensitive Skin.This lightweight, deeply hydrating clear sunscreen lotion blends in for all skin tones without leaving a trace. It calms and cools sun-stressed skin and leaves a soft, dewy finish.
- Made with Safe and Effective Ingredients. Zincoxide protects the skin’s outer barrier to reflect damaging UVA/UVB rays. Derived from sugarcane, squalane provides deep and fast-absorbing moisture while water lily cools and calms skin.
2. Always remove makeup, cleanse your skin, and moisturize before bed
Even when I’m at my most exhausted, I’ll remove my makeup before I crawl into bed.
It’s a must!
I’m not saying you need to pull out your facial tools and do a full facial treatment every night but at the very least, every night, before going to bed, wash your face (or use a makeup removing/cleansing wipe) then apply your favorite nightly natural skin care products and allow them to work their magic while you sleep.
- █ SMART CLEANSER : simple & easy & no hassle >> starts as an oil to dissolve every last trace of impurities, then transforms into a foam cleanser for a non-stripping double cleanse.
- ❤️ APPLY a couple of pumps TO DRY SKIN and gently massage to melt makeup, sunscreen and impurities. 💚 WET HANDS AND MASSAGE to lather foam 🌈 RINSE thoroughly with warm water
- █ 5 BOTANICAL OILS ENABLE GENTLE, PERFECT, MOISTURIZING CLEANSING : Olive Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Apricot Oil, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil
3. Be sure to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night
Your body is repairing itself while you sleep. At night is when cellular renewal takes place, the skin is working hard.
And did you know that not getting enough sleep is linked to weight gain?
Sleep is very important for proper brain function too. Sleeping for shorter durations is associated with metabolism issues as well as heart attacks and strokes.
- FACE OIL FOR WOMEN – Overnight skin repair to hydrate and restore. A subtle aromatherapy blend of watermelon and cucumber eases you to sleep. Renews skin to its most supple state and gives a refreshing and glowing look
- INGREDIENTS – Contains, chamomile, watermelon seed, cucumber, rosehip, argan oil, vitamin e, hemp oil, frankincense, lavender, pink lotus, neroli, jasmine, clary sage, and champaca attar
- ETHICALLY SOURCED – All ingredients in Pursoma products have been ethically sourced and verified to be safe for your body – inside and out, non-toxic, and free of toxic-processing
4. Use a derma roller microneedle
Do you have one of these nifty facial tools? A derma roller, or microneedle, basically punctures the top layer of skin with tiny needles.
Micro-Needling helps with producing collagen (which is needed to keep skin plump and healthy) and elastin which helps reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
After a good micro-needle session, apply your skincare and it’s better absorbed.
I know of people who have micro-needled their scars and stretch marks and have had great luck with fading and healing.
You can also help fade hyperpigmentation and age spots, by micro-needling, the top layer is skin is shed and makes way for healthier skin.
After reading about the benefits, I bought this Sdara Derma Roller.
Try it out on your lower eyelids to reduce puffiness or on your lips to increase collagen production.
- GLOW: Treat your skin to a spa day at home with our face needle roller that will instantly give you a smooth, youthfully radiant glow. Pair with your favorite serum for increased absorption!
- RENEW: Our micro derma roller tool is great for helping brighten the appearance of dull-looking skin for overall facial rejuvenation.
- VERSATILE: Safe and simple to use, our 0.25 mm derma roller kit can not only be used as a face roller, but also as a scalp or beard roller to help stimulate hair and beard growth.
5. Exfoliate from head-to-toe
Exfoliation is a skin care basic, but what exactly is exfoliation?
Exfoliation gets rid of the dead skin cells that are on the surface of your skin plus any toxins and impurities on the skin.
After the dead skin and other impurities are removed, the exfoliation process stimulates the skin which promotes new skin cell generation.
The result is a more glowing complexion.
My favorite daily exfoliating skin care product is this boscia Exfoliating Peel Gel. After I cleanse and dry my face, I massage this gel gently on my face then rinse.
I follow up with a nighttime facial cream, and then I’m ready for bed.
- Exfoliating Molecules: The formula itself produces a physical peel by bonding together during the buffing action. These molecules then adhere and remove any outer layer of dead skin and debris.
- Multi-Fruit AHAs: After the outer layer of debris is removed, this antioxidant-rich blend penetrates deep into the skin. Helps to further remove oil, toxins, and bacteria.
- Essential to every product is boscia’s “Botanical Blend”: an effective mix of Jojoba Leaf and Willowherb. Jojoba Leaf is a powerful antioxidant that helps to prevent free radical damage caused by pollution, UV rays, and other environmental irritants. Willowherb Extract is a natural skin-calming botanical that helps to alleviate inflammation and redness.
For a full body exfoliation, I’ve been loving the Bliss Hot Salt Scrub Self-Heating Body Polish. This is an amazing body scrub that really helps to smooth out my rough, dry skin, and the eucalyptus, rosemary, and, lavender essential oils create the most therapeutic amoras.
Last update on 2022-07-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API